How does a Vortex VA Flowmeter work?
The measurement is based on ultrasonic scanning of the Karman Vortex Street. Vortices occur intermittently around the element in the sensor head and (different to most other Vortex technologies) are scanned ultasonically. This allows low flow measurement starting from 0.4m/s of air/gases. The sensor has no moving parts, a recalibration is not necessary: "simply install and forget about it!"
Design Options and Features
- insertion probes (in pipelines from 80 mm) or measuring tubes (from 25 mm)
- combined sensors for flow (velocity and rate) and temperature
- working temperature -25 to 250°C, pressure up to 10 bar
- range from 0.5 to 80 m/s
- time constant 65 ms
- SIL2/SC3 certification / Performance Level
- for application in explosive atmospheres (ATEX, CSA)
- corrosion-resistant designs, easy to clean
- fixed evaluation units or handheld devices